Any of the racking that you have installed in your workplace needs to be designed specially for the products that you are storing in order to adhere to the WH&S & Australian Standards 4084.
This standard outlines the minimum design, fabrication and erection tolerances, test methods, operation and maintenance of steel storage pallets racking.
This applies to most types of pallet racking systems in South East Queensland, including racking storage systems that is installed outside of the building. It’s essential to have Brisbane Pallet Racking safety inspections every 12 months, no matter how big or small the storage systems is in order to be meeting these strict pallet racking safety standards.
Pallet racking safety inspection audits are an essential part of ensuring your staff are working in a safe environment. Workplace health and safety can come and visit your warehouse at any time and if they find problems with your racking storage systems, including damage to the bolts and uneven warehouse flooring, you will only have a few weeks to fix the damage before you will need to close your operations. Pallet Racking Queensland are well equipped to ensure that your pallet racking Brisbane is in perfect condition.
Follow some of our recommendations to ensure your pallet racking system is meeting the Australian safety standards:
- Ensure your heavy duty racking system is inspected annually
- Ensure you are provided with a racking inspection report and your racking safety manual. Ensure you keep this in a safe and easy to find location.
- Ensure your staff have been trained to use the equipment onsite and you have appropriate documentation.
- Ensure your staff know the load capacity for each racking system that’s been installed.
- Ensure there is a process in place to records and report racking damage and repairs.
At PRQ our team of licensed WH&S professionals specialise in providing a full service Brisbane pallet racking safety inspections and warehouse storage solutions, working with businesses big and small from Brisbane to the Gold Coast and beyond. PRQ have designed our safety inspection process with the most comprehensive workplace health and safety recommendations in mind, to ensure your warehouse storage solutions is in total compliance with the Australian standard.