Pallet Racking Safety Inspection Overview
Having pallet racking audits is integral in mitigating the chance of injury due to structual damage. Your Gold Coast Pallet Racking design will, overtime, experience aging so it is important to keep up regular pallet racking audits.
This occurs, most commonly, in the form of:
About Our Gold Coast Pallet Racking Safety Inspections
Does your pallet racking system comply with Australian Safety Levels?
Any of the pallet racking that you have installed in your workplace needs to be designed specially for the products that you are storing in order to adhere to the WH&S & Australian Standards 4084.
This standard outlines the minimum design, fabrication and erection tolerances, test methods, operation and maintenance of steel storage racking.
This applies to the majority of pallet racking systems in and around the Gold Coast region and includes external racking systems. It’s essential that you are getting your Gold Coast Pallet Racking system inspected every 12 months, to ensure your racking systems meet all safety requirments.
Below are some recommendations you can follow to ensure your Gold Coast Pallet Racking System meets standards:
- Ensure your Gold Coast racking system is inspected 12 monthly.
- Ensure that you are given a racking inspection report and safety manual. Keep this in a safe place that is easily accessible.
- Ensure adequate staff training.
- Ensure employees know load capacity for your installed racking system.
- Make sure you have processes in place for emergency.
At PRQ our team provide a full service Gold Coast pallet racking safety inspection, working with both large and small companies from Brisbane to the Gold Coast and beyond.
Our Pallet Racking Safety Inspection Process
During the safety inspections, we will consider a range of questions relating to each part of your pallet racking system.
- We will inspect the beams of your Gold Coast Pallet racking system closely ensuring there is no overloading. We ensure all beams are parallel and correctly assembled.
- We will also ensure that there are no welds or beams that have been damaged through everyday wear and tear. It is important to pick up damage early to avoid any possible injury.
- We check to ensure each beam has the appropriate connectors and safety clips.
- We make sure each anchor bolt to ensure that the racking is secured on the ground.
- Finally, we ensure the load capacity of the beams are displayed clearly.
Braces: We make sure to check if any racking braces are bent are replaced immediatley and ensure there are no deviations more than 1cm.
Floor Fixings: We also inspect floor fixings and make replaces where necessary.
Completely Verticle: W It’s important to ensure the racking system is verticle. When racking systems aren’t installed correctly they can move when under strain, we ensure these issues are rectified immediately.
While ensuring the safety of your employees, a pallet racking inspection will give you knowledge on what to look out for and what types of damage can occur.
When it comes to deciding who is the best company to inspect your Gold Coast pallet racking system, choosing a supplier like PRQ will offer you an unbiased opinion on the possible safety hazards and damage to the system.
Request a pallet racking inspection quote
Get a free quote now from one of our experienced team members