Any of the warehouse racking that you have installed in your workplace needs to be designed specially for the products that you are storing in order to adhere to the WH&S & Australian Standards 4084.
This standard outlines particulars including minimum design, fabrication and erection tolerances, test methods, operation and maintenance of steel storage racking.
This applies to the majority of Warehouse racking systems across Queensland and Australia-wide. It’s essential that you are getting your Warehouse Racking System inspected every 12 months, to ensure your racking systems meet all safety requirments.
Below are some recommendations you can follow to ensure your Gold Coast Pallet Racking System meets standards:
- Ensure your Warehouse Racking System is inspected 12 monthly.
- Ensure that you are given a racking inspection report and safety manual. Keep this in a safe place that is easily accessible.
- Ensure adequate staff training.
- Ensure employees know load capacity for your installed racking system.
- Make sure you have processes in place for emergency.
At PRQ our team provide a full service Warehouse Racking Inspection, working with both large and small companies across Queensland and beyond.